Cosmetic Dentistry: For a Picture-Perfect Smile
At Watterson Family Dentistry in Jackson, MI, we want your teeth to be healthy and beautiful too! The two often go hand-in-hand. For example, if we cover the dental damage with veneers, your smile will be more attractive and stronger too. Let Dr. Scott Watterson, an alumna of the respectable University of Michigan School of Dentistry, help you achieve that with cosmetic dentistry.Dr. Scott Watterson on an overview of the cosmetic dentistry options available Read Transcript
I find it really interesting how many people say “cosmetic dentistry.” Some people don't even understand what that means, other than cosmetic. When I hear “cosmetic,” I think lipstick and makeup that my wife puts on. For dentistry, there's so many different options: anything from straightening one's teeth, to making them appear better, to whitening them. A lot of times, we can get into really intricate, fancy porcelain work where we're doing veneers or even tooth-color bonding materials that we can use to help change someone's smile. All sorts of different options exist all dependent on a person's condition and what their needs are and what their desires are and how extensive they want to get involved. And so, cosmetic dentistry is really a fun way to practice dentistry. It's exciting to see somebody transform their smile from one they don't like, to one that they do like and one they can be proud of.
Watterson Family Dentistry offers cosmetic dentistry services in our Jackson, MI dentist office to correct almost any flaw, including:
- Chipped or cracked teeth
- Discolored or dingy teeth
- Crooked or misshapen teeth
- Worn-down teeth
- Gaps in your smile
For more information on our cosmetic dental treatments, call Watterson Family Dentistry at 517-888-0021.
We Bring Out the Beauty in Your Smile
Dr. Scott Watterson will discuss your smile goals and expectations with you, as well as your lifestyle and your budget. Working together, we’ll create a customized smile beautification plan. And we use special digital software to preview your new smile for you!
Among the cosmetic dental treatments you may choose:
- Dental veneers. Thin “shells” of tooth-like material cover the entire front surface of your teeth to hide chips, stains, minor cracks, slightly crooked teeth, and other flaws.
- Teeth whitening. You can opt for in-office or at-home teeth whitening treatments. Either way, your smile will look a lot brighter! We even offer a program with discounts on touch-up treatments.
- Invisalign. We straighten teeth with Invisalign, which is unobtrusive compared to traditional metal braces.
- Same-day dental crowns. Using CEREC technology, we can produce a porcelain dental crown in a single day. Dental crowns can cover damage like breaks or cracks.
- Tooth bonding. Tooth-colored resin applied directly to your teeth conceals imperfections like stains or chips. It’s a completely reversible treatment.
- Teeth contouring. We can reshape your teeth quickly yet artistically to change the look of your smile.
You can even get Botox® treatments with Dr. Scott Watterson if you’d like a younger-looking face to go along with your new smile!
Keeping You Comfortable During Cosmetic Dental Treatments
So you’ll remain comfortable during any cosmetic procedure, we offer amenities including:
- TVs on the ceiling, so you can catch up on your viewing as we work
- Headphones for listening to music
- Cozy blankets