Dental Veneers: “Instant Orthodontics” for Your Smile
Dental veneers are tiny, usually no larger than your pinky nail. Yet they can give you a hugely improved smile! The ability to make big changes in a short time is why they are sometimes called “instant orthodontics.” Dr. Watterson and the dental team at Watterson Family Dentistry in Jackson, MI can provide you high-quality dental veneers that can transform your smile in a short period of time.Dr. Watterson Discusses Dental Veneers Read Transcript
Oftentimes, when people are looking for veneers, they come in and ask or say, “I want veneers.” They understand what that means. Maybe they've had a conversation with another dentist before or a friend that has had veneers done. There's so many different ways to do veneers. I tend to personally like to be conservative with the veneers that I place and so I try to avoid a lot of aggressive tooth movement or, I should say, I try to avoid a lot of aggressive tooth removal and use very conservative, hard, long-lasting, durable materials. And so, the materials that we use for veneers allow us to be conservative. Sometimes we don't even need to shape the teeth in order for the veneers to go on.
Other times, we need to recontour the teeth a little bit in order for them to fit properly. Ultimately, we want them to look really, really good—not just bright, white, and straight, we want them to look natural. And if they don't look natural to me, if I wouldn't want to put it in my mouth, I'm not gonna suggest we put it in someone else's mouth.
Dr. Watterson will apply the versatile cosmetic dental treatment to the front surfaces of your teeth in our Jackson, MI dental office to fix smile flaws like:
- Small Cracks
- Small gaps
- Slightly crooked teeth
- Worn-down teeth
To find out if dental veneers are right for you, call Watterson Family Dentistry at 517-888-0021.
Dental Veneers Offer Quick, Easy Smile Enhancement
Versatility isn’t their only benefit! Dental veneers offer other advantages too. They are:
- Fast. Depending on the type of veneer you choose, you can get them in just one or two trips to our Jackson, MI dentist office. In fact, we can use our CEREC technology to make the veneers for you right in our office, so there’s no waiting for an outside lab to produce them.
- Conservative. Dental veneers require little modification of your own teeth. We typically only remove a tiny amount of enamel from your tooth’s surface to prepare it for a veneer.
- Hassle-free. Dental veneers require no special treatment after you receive them. You just brush and floss your teeth as usual.
You’ve Got Two Choices for Dental Veneers
We offer two different types of dental veneers:
- Traditional porcelain veneers
- Minimal-prep veneers, including our preferred DURAthin brand or Lumineers
The primary difference is the amount of enamel that we need to remove from your teeth to facilitate placement. While minimal-prep veneers require the removal of little if any enamel, they will not work for every situation.
Dr. Watterson has received advanced training in cosmetic dentistry, so he can help you decide which type of dental veneer is right for you.
For more information on dental veneers or our other cosmetic dentistry services, call Watterson Family Dentistry at 517-888-0021. Or use our online form to book your visit with Dr. Watterson at our Jackson, MI dentist office.