Teeth Contouring Fixes Minor Cosmetic Flaws
For such a minor cosmetic dentistry procedure, teeth contouring certainly makes a major impact on your smile! Dr. Scott Watterson of Watterson Family Dentistry in Jackson, MI can certainly contour and reshape your teeth to achieve the smile you wanted. Dr. Scott Watterson received advanced studies in the field of cosmetic dentistry at Pankey Instute and Dawson Academy.Fixing Teeth Flaws with Teeth Contouring Read Transcript
Oftentimes, people come in and have a jagged tooth or they chip a tooth. Nothing major, but something that's enough of an unsightly appearance for them that they want it reshaped and recontoured. Oftentimes, when that's the case, we can go ahead and just very lightly reshape that tooth and allow it to look like a tooth and still fit within the scheme of their bite as well as the makeup of their smile and the way they feel comfortable with that. Recontouring and reshaping teeth can be a very great service for people when nothing more extensive needs to be done.
Though it’s not right for every smile flaw, teeth contouring in our Jackson, MI dentist office is a simple and inexpensive fix for imperfections such as teeth that are too long or teeth that overlap.
To find out more about teeth contouring, call Watterson Family Dentistry in Jackson, MI at 517-888-0021.
Advantages of Teeth Contouring Include Low Cost
When you think about a perfect smile, you probably envision a mouthful of teeth that are a similar size and shape. Unfortunately, that is not the reality for many of us. But it can be with teeth contouring, a hassle-free cosmetic dental treatment offered by our skilled dentists.
The advantages include:
- It’s fast. Teeth contouring is one of the speediest cosmetic dental treatments. It almost always takes less than an hour, sometimes as little as 20 minutes.
- It’s inexpensive. Teeth contouring is highly affordable.
- It’s conservative. Our cosmetic dentists remove tiny amounts of enamel to achieve the desired look.
- It can complement other treatments. We can combine teeth contouring with teeth whitening treatments, tooth bonding, or dental veneers for more dramatic results. It can be part of a complete smile makeover!
- It’s permanent. Your teeth enamel doesn’t grow back, so once we’ve reshaped your teeth, the results are lasting.
- It’s pain-free. There are no nerves in your enamel, so you shouldn’t feel any discomfort.
Correct Your Minor Smile Flaws with Teeth Contouring
Contouring Your Teeth can’t fix every smile flaw. It works best for minor imperfections like:
- Slightly overlapping teeth
- Teeth that are a bit too long
- Minor chips
- Uneven edges
- Pointy canine teeth