Same-day Appointments for Your Dental Emergencies
Dental emergency can really wreck your day! They don’t have to, though. Dr. Scott Watterson and the dental team at Watterson Family Dentistry is here to respond to your need. Our dental office in Jackson, MI welcomes any dental emergency situation. Call us right away!Dr. Scott Watterson on dental emergencies Read Transcript
I try to make sure that we are able to see dental emergencies the same day that the emergency is occurring. Sometimes, for unforeseen reasons, we’re unable to. And depending on the type of emergency: sometimes that emergency isn’t urgent, other times it is urgent. We do our very best to see people the same day. If we’re closed, whether it’s late in the evening or on the weekend, we always try to answer the phone and make available, if necessary, emergency care after hours.
We take as much stress as possible out of your toothache or your child’s broken tooth by getting you into our Jackson, MI dentist office as quickly as possible for treatment.
If you call after hours, your call is routed to a doctor’s cell phone. Calls are monitored and, if necessary, we’ll see you that same day.
Don’t panic in a dental emergency! Call Watterson Family Dentistry at 517-888-0021.
Convenient Hours Make It Easier to See Us
If dental pain is keeping you up all night, you’ll want to see us as soon as you can. Good thing we open at 8 a.m.! Whether you have an emergency or just a busy schedule, our hours make it easy to see one of our doctors.
- 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. Monday through Thursday
We Keep You Calm & Comfortable During Your Emergency
Because Dr. Scott Watterson has been practicing dentistry nearly 20 years, he’s had plenty of experience in dealing with dental emergencies. On top of his dentistry experience, Dr. Watterson also received his Doctor of Dental Surgery degree from the notable University of Michigan School of Dentistry.
Similarly, our team of dental assistants has a combined 50-plus years of experience.
In addition to our veteran team, we ensure your comfort with:
- Dental technology like 3D X-rays, which helps us make accurate diagnoses and offer you the highest quality of care
- TVs and headphones, which can offer a welcome distraction during dental procedures
- Dental sedation, to thoroughly relax you
How We Handle Common Dental Emergencies
Some common dental emergencies:
- Knocked-out tooth. If we can’t reinsert your tooth into its socket, we may suggest a dental implant or a dental bridge to replace it. We’ll thoroughly numb your mouth for the procedure.
- Broken tooth. We can usually repair a cracked or broken tooth with a dental crown. Thanks to our CEREC technology, we can make a same-day crown for you in our Jackson, MI dentist office. If the damage is too extensive, we’ll gently extract your tooth.
- Toothache. If a cavity is causing your toothache, we’ll remove the decay and place a tooth-colored filling. If your tooth is infected, we can perform a root canal.