Tooth Replacement: Dental Implants Replace Your Own Tooth Roots
Losing teeth can affect you in many ways. Replacing your missing teeth can help you feel comfortable and confident in your smile, as well as improve your appearance, your speech, and your ability to eat your favorite foods. Dr. Scott Watterson and the dental team at Watterson Family Dentistry understand the huge impact of replacing missing teeth, which is why we offer so many tooth replacement options in our Jackson MI dental office. A popular choice is artificial root replacement or dental implants.The Advantages of Dental Implants Read Transcript
Dental implants are what I like to call an “artificial tooth root.” It is really advantageous: you’re able to replace a missing tooth with a tooth and so, you're not associating this particular area with adjacent teeth—you’re not compromising adjacent teeth. If for some reason a tooth or other teeth around this area need treatment in the future, you're not then interrupting this process with a dental implant. And so, the artificial tooth root is really a great solution to replace a missing tooth, multiple missing teeth, or all your teeth. A lot of times, after someone has had a dental implant or an artificial tooth root replaced and we restore that, common responses are, “That was a lot easier than I thought! I wish I would have had that opportunity 30 years ago instead of a bridge or a partial denture.” And so, it's really intriguing to see how people can achieve great dentistry that's healthy, that rebuilds and almost replaces a tooth with an original. It's not quite the original, obviously, but it's close to the next best thing.
Dr. Scott Watterson received his Doctor of Dental Surgery at the notable University of Michigan School of Dentistry. On top of that, he also attended several respected institutions to further his skills and techniques in dentistry.
For more information on artificial root replacement, call Watterson Family Dentistry in Jackson, MI at 517-888-0021.
Artificial Root Replacement Offers Many Benefits
So what’s so great about artificial root replacement? Lots of things!
The many benefits include:
- Natural look and feel. Dental implants look, feel, and function more like your natural teeth than other tooth replacements.
- Security. Because they are embedded right in your jaw, your artificial root replacements aren’t going anywhere. No more embarrassing slippage.
- Preserving healthy teeth. Unlike some other tooth replacements, we don’t need to modify your surrounding teeth for dental implants.
- Improved oral health. Since they act as artificial tooth roots, dental implants stimulate your jaw much as your real roots do. This means you retain more bone density. And your bite will be strong again, so you can enjoy your favorite meals.
- Durability. With proper care, you can enjoy your implants for a lifetime.
- Low maintenance. You won’t need to change your oral hygiene habits. Regular brushing and flossing are all that’s needed, as well as regular checkups at our office.
Dental Implants: Nearly as Good as Your Own Tooth Roots
When Dr. Scott Watterson embeds dental implants into your jawbone, they essentially serve as replacement tooth roots. In place of your tooth, your new artificial root supports a dental restoration of your choice. Because your jawbone grows up around the implant, it provides an incredibly secure foundation for your restoration.
We can replace a single tooth or a whole mouthful of missing teeth. The restorations we can attach to your dental implants include:
- Dental Crowns
- Dental bridges
- Dentures, full or partial
If your jaw is too thin to support full-size dental implants, we can often use mini dental implants instead.
During the procedure, our dental team at Jackson MI can provide dental sedation to keep you relaxed and comfortable.
Interested in artificial tooth replacement? Call Watterson Family Dentistry in Jackson MI at 517-888-0021. Or use our online form to schedule a consultation with Dr. Scott Watterson at our Jackson MI dental office.