Dentures: Reliable Tooth Replacement
Dentures are one of the oldest tooth replacement options. Despite newer choices, dentures aren’t going away. And it’s no wonder, given their benefits! Watterson Family Dentistry can replace your missing teeth with a quality denture in our dental office at Jackson, MI.Restoring Natural Smile with Dentures Read Transcript
Dentures are an interesting aspect of dentistry. Oftentimes, by the time someone gets to a denture or the need for a denture, they've already experienced that there's nothing left for me. And so, denture treatment is one of those things that we want to make sure that we're taking every bit of care as we possibly can to provide a restoration that's going to give them the most function, the most aesthetic and phonetic replication of what they used to have. A lot of times, I ask people to bring in a picture of what they used to look like at a point in life when they felt good about their teeth. Maybe it was a high school graduation picture or a wedding picture, maybe their 30s, the decade of their 30s was the best time of life, whatever that might be, it helps us establish really what is going on. By using some landmarks of the face, we try our very best to make that person look natural when they have their dentures made and so that they can be confident and comfortable walking out in public and being with their friends and socializing.
Unlike some tooth replacements, a denture:
- Don’t require lengthy or invasive procedures
- Are affordable
- Can replace anywhere from just a few missing teeth to a whole mouthful
Watterson Family Dentistry offers multiple dentures solutions in our Jackson, MI dentist office. Some of them partner a denture with dental implants, a combination that many people find looks, feels, and functions like their natural teeth.
To find out if a denture is right for you, call Watterson Family Dentistry at 517-888-0021. Dr. Watterson, an alumna of the University of Michigan School of Dentistry, can be your partner in restoring your natural smile.
Consider Pairing Dentures With Dental Implants
Securing dentures with dental implants offers numerous advantages, including:
- Stability. Your dentures won’t slip because they’re securely attached to dental implants with either ball attachments or a bar attachment. And they offer chewing power that is almost as strong as your own teeth.
- Convenience. You won’t need messy adhesive! Your dentures are easier to care for when secured with implants.
- Comfort. A Denture attached to implants are more comfortable to wear than those that rest on your gums.
- Good oral health. Dental implants stimulate your jawbone much like your own tooth roots, so you won’t lose bone density the way you can with a traditional denture. No more “sunken-in” look!
Replacing Teeth with Other Dentures Options
If you aren’t interested in dental implants, you can choose more traditional denture alternatives:
- A full denture replaces a whole mouthful of missing teeth. They typically require adhesive or metal attachments to stay in place. We combine our skill with modern technology to create the best fitting dentures possible.
- A partial denture is great if you still have some of your own teeth. They can be fixed – meaning only a dentist can remove them – or removable. We secure fixed partials to your natural teeth or to dental crowns, sometimes using metal attachments for security.