Invisalign for a Straighter SmileStraighten Teeth with Invisalign Read Transcript
Invisalign is a great way to improve a smile. It is like its name says, invisible, or practically invisible, and that's one of the main reasons that people seek that out. Oftentimes, they don't want to look like they have brackets and wires on their teeth and so, that's the main attraction to Invisalign. A couple of other benefits of Invisalign is that it oftentimes is a little quicker from the time of treatment and because we're having constant movement as we go through the different stages of Invisalign.
It's a lot easier to brush and floss your teeth and make sure you're able to maintain your oral hygiene. Another benefit is that you can eat more of what you want. You don't have all the brackets and wires to get broccoli stuck in, so you're able to enjoy your foods a little bit more and add to that after you eat, you're able to clean your teeth a lot easier and maintain that. Overall, Invisalign is a great option and has many benefits for you.
There’s a long list of things to dislike about traditional metal braces:
- Self-consciousness about a mouthful of wires and brackets
- As if the metal wasn’t bad enough, wearing rubber bands
- Difficulty keeping them clean
- Length of treatment
Fortunately, newer orthodontics options exist, and they eliminate most of the downsides of braces! Watterson Family Dentistry in Jackson, MI offers Invisalign in our Jackson, MI dental office. Watterson Family Dentistry is even a Preferred Provider for Invisalign.
Newer Orthodontics Options Offer Plenty to Like
Though they use different methods of straightening teeth, both short-term orthodontics treatments offer some of the same benefits:
- Low-profile appearance. Invisalign uses clear plastic aligners to straighten your teeth. These comfortable braces are barely noticeable in your mouth.
- Speedier treatment time. Though individual results vary, the average treatment time for adults with Invisalign is 12 months.
- Fewer dentist visits. Invisalign typically requires fewer checkups during treatment than traditional braces. We like to see Invisalign patients about once every six weeks.
Answering Your Questions About Invisalign
Our Jackson, MI dental team will take photos, impressions, and other measurements to determine a treatment plan for your smile. A special lab then creates a series of clear plastic aligners for you. You change to a new aligner every few weeks. The aligners gently shift your teeth into place over time.
Though we don’t recommend this treatment to anyone who still has primary teeth, it can be used by teenagers or adults. In fact, Invisalign Teen offers special features for teens, like compliance indicators that help parents determine if kids wear their aligners for the recommended 20-22 hours a day.
Invisalign’s advantages include:
- Convenience. You can remove your aligners when eating and for brushing and flossing. So it’s easy to keep them clean.
- Comfort. The smooth plastic won’t irritate your mouth like wires and brackets can.
Orthodontics Create Healthier Mouths
Not sure if Invisalign is right for your smile? Call us right now to learn more. Orthodontics are important because they accomplish more than just an attractive smile. Straightening your teeth can make them healthier and easier to keep clean. Aligning your teeth can improve conditions like bruxism and TMJ pain. Don’t wait to find the solution that will improve the health and look of your smile!
To find out if you’re a candidate for the short-term orthodontics, call Watterson Family Dentistry at 517-888-0021. Or use our online form to request a consultation with Dr. Scott Watterson at our Jackson, MI dentist office.